Saturday, April 4, 2009

Postscript: Birthdays

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes last week. It was a good day and it was good to feel loved.

Since writing the last article, I've paid more attention to the effort, if any, others around me put into subtly hinting that their birthday is coming up soon. This is why it's been slightly irritating but really amusing at the same time to read the statuses of a few Facebook friends who are posting daily birthday countdowns. "ONLY 11 MORE DAYS LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I'M SUCH AN OLD WOMEN!" Today one soon-to-be-birthday-girl wrote about how irritated she is that her friends are spoiling her birthday weekend by not wanting to hang out with her.

The fun thing about scruples is that they give you grounds to make fun of those without them. Bwah ha ha! The less fun thing about scruples is that you're too polite to share your disdain.

The fun thing about blogs is they're above scruples. Right?

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I know what you mean. :) The reason why I put such cryptic statuses on my facebook is because I need to express that I am having an emotion, but I don't want to be complaining about it as I have seen done. I want the world to know that I am thinking. Somehow I got off topic. I love you Swah! Mom told me about your birthday, it sounded like so much fun! You're amazing and I love you and by the way my birthday is April 30. Kate, is that enough time? LOL

Kate The Great said...

Ha, ha.