Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Slogging Along

I'm feeling bugged. Latest peeves?

People on Facebook who make their status a daily update of their wedding-day countdown.
People who turn mean and spiteful when other people break up with them.
People who only go to church when it's their turn to teach the lesson or do this or that assignment.
People whose opinion of me matters so much to me that, try as I might, I can't make myself act remotely normal around them.
People who see other people floundering and sit and watch, critiquing, instead of getting up and helping.
People who are perky in the mornings.

I guess another, background, general irritation is the housing situation. I haven't quite hit just the right combination of Motivation to Apartment Hunt + Time in the Day + Availability of Helpers to launch a successful move-out. And if I think about it, I don't actually own a bed. A bed would be important. Wanting to move out and not having done it yet bugs me.

I realize that sometimes I'm just lazy, end of story. That bugs me too.

Update Since This Article Has Been Sitting in Drafts: Might've found a place! More news to come.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your Facebook peeve reminded me of a blog post I read about facebook today. The author said this (which I think is a good thing to remember): "...if you don't like or understand the way someone else is using the site, it simply means they are using it in a different way than you are. No need to fret."

Good luck dealing with the things that are bugging you. And I hope things work out soon with a place to live!

Stephanie said...

I think that I agree with every item on your pet peeve list. I too have reached the "I lack motivation" plateau in my life, but something that has helped has been trying out something NEW. Which is why I've gotten into gardening and sewing lately. Apartment searching, however, has to be one of the most abominable tasks. It took me 3 months to feel satisfied with an apartment choice. I used apartmentratings.com extensively if that helps... So where are you moving to? What's on the horizon?

Brentus said...

"I hate people..."
- Ebeneezer Scrooge

I can certainly relate to many of your pet peeves concerning people. The over-excitement people get about their weddings doesn't really come across to me as strongly as it might to you but I have definitely taken in account how I don't want to act. Especially if it's going to hurt others' feelings (or bug people I care about like you).

My pet peeves about people are probably the reasons why I don't want to work in a customer service occupation. I'll still have to deal with people as a band director but I'll be doing something I enjoy. I hope someday that we can both overcome the worst of these pet peeves.