Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Travelblog

I'd like to turn your attention to the latest gadget in the right sidebar, a feed for my new blog, "No, England." I've talked to many acquaintances who want to know generally what I'm up to in England, and these requests for updates gave me an interesting quandary. I realized that while I'm fine sharing these Rhyme and Reason thoughts with perfect strangers or close friends, strangely the thought of showing them to mere acquaintances makes me uneasy. Close friends know me well enough to understand, and strangers can think whatever they want about me, I don't care, but acquaintances . . . They know just enough about me to possibly misunderstand what I write and then associate me ever after with the misunderstood conception. Which makes seeing them again rather awkward.

So I created "No, England" as a two-month travelblog to give out to everyone for general news and pictures, while this blog remains the spot for anecdotes, opinions, internal debates, and rhymes. Just so y'all know.

No comments: